Thursday, May 5, 2011

Goodnight Golliwog - Claude Debusstep + Famitracker MMC5 (Earthbound sam...

An experiment in why the fuck not.

So for this track I just wanted to get something 8-bit done since I hadn't in a while. Any idea I had I just rolled with. As such, this song kicks off with an Earthbound-like battle chord fade in and a direct quote from Claude Debussy's Children's Corner: Petit Suite, VI. Golliwogg's Cakewalk [1908] (transposed up on half step though), followed by a section influenced by the Kimono Girls/Dance Theater in Pokemon G/S/C . Then once the first drop hits, another Earthbound-like atmospheric section (I wanted it to sound as if the bass was floating through this airy texture).


After playing with this for a while I have another hit which completely spells out the Earthbound influences and introduces a more dubstep bass line. Also, if you listen closely after this drop I use drum samples I took from Earthbound's Dungeon Man music, which were in turn originally from Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise).


No comments:

Post a Comment