Thursday, March 24, 2011

Battle Against Reyortsed - Original SNES music

You've infiltrated The Ominous Reyortsed's castle lair and are now locked in furious combat.

While I was writing this I had the final battle with Sephiroth in FFVII in my head. Also, I referred to this often, but I can't spot where it might be audibly referenced and it may have just been conceptual.

This was originally titled Krusher Destroyer, a Mastodon reference, but eventually I felt like it didn't fit well enough. As I brainstormed for new titles, I wanted to keep a thread tied to the Mastodon reference eventually coming up with the villainous name Reyortsed, which is Destroyer spelled backwards.

This is your battle with him.

Fun things to work with here were the electric guitar/bass riffs, the string section and the rock organ, which is admittedly taken from Banjo-Kazooie, an N64 game. We'll keep that between you and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment